This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links come at no extra cost to you. These links allow me to share the products I authentically recommend (and use) and support Live Simply by receiving a small commission.
Today, for Live Simply, The Podcast, I asked the Live Simply Community over on Instagram to answer the reader question from episode 9, “How do I get started with real food when my family loves real food?” In today’s episode, I’m going to share the responses.
You can listen to the podcast episodes here on the blog, iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Leave a Review
Reviews are critically important for a new podcast. Reviews tell iTunes that people are listening and also helps new people find the podcast. To leave a review, click on the button above and then click “Write a Review” (you’ll have to scroll down to see this option). Also, while you’re over in iTunes, be sure to hit the subscribe button to be notified when new episodes launch.
- Episode 003: What Real Food Is, What Real Food Is Not, and What Real Food Looks Like (Real Food 101)
- Episode 009: Reader Question, “How Do I Get Started with Real Food When My Family Loves Processed Food?”
- Real Food Planning Challenge
- Homemade Veggie Spaghetti Sauce
- Simplified School Lunch Kit Use Coupon Code: simplelunch at checkout for 25% off
- Episode 007: Organic Produce 101 with Little Pond Farm: Farming, Organic Certification, Pesticides, GMO’s, and Keeping Organic Produce Affordable
- Episode 008: Seasonal Eating, Community Supported Agriculture, and Organic Produce Q & A with Little Pond Farm
The journey away from processed food to a real food lifestyle looks different for each family, some families went cold turkey with cutting all processed food, while others took it slowly. But everyone had the same goal: enjoying real food and getting away from a Standard Western Diet of overly-processed foods. For some families, allergies or dietary restrictions are at play, which has made the switch look different than other families who didn’t have the same allergy restrictions. I think this shows just how unique this real food journey is for each family.
Before I share the responses, which I’m going to try to do without messing up on everyone’s Instagram user profile–some profile names aren’t easy to pronounce–I want to remind you that you can learn more about what real food is and what it looks like by listening to episode 3. And you can hear my answer to this question by listening to episode 9.
I hope listening to the community’s response inspires you along your own real food journey.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #LIVESIMPLYBLOG. I'd love to see what you make!