This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s getting really hot here in Florida!
Did I say really hot?
Well, that might be just an understatement!
It’s only May and it already feels like August! I’m not complaining, just sayin’!
Despite the heat I absolutely love summer! There is something fresh, new, and playful about summer to me.
Summer means it’s time for…
Jumping in the waves
Watermelon juice dripping down your arms
Late night movies
That’s right, ice cream! But finding real ice cream is no small task! If you have ever searched the aisles of grocery stores, even health food stores, you understand my frustration. Ice cream should be simple, yet most ice cream available today, even the “clean ones”, are filled with questionable ingredients that I truthfully don’t even know how to pronounce.
So, what to do?
It’s hot! And I need ice cream! My kids need ice cream! My husband…well…okay, the kids and I need ice cream!
Today, I have a recipe for you that is simple and 100% real! Yes, it’s ice cream, but made with frozen berries, pro-biotic yogurt, raw honey, and fresh mint leaves. Dare I say it…an ice cream you can eat and feel good about! And all you need are a few minutes of time, a desire for ice cream, and a food processor!
I know! Sounds too good to be true!
You can thank me later! First, let me share with you this yummy real ice cream!
Homemade Berry-Mint Ice Cream
*1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (I used homemade yogurt)
*4 cups assorted FROZEN berries (I used blueberries and strawberries)
*4 tablespoons honey (I use raw local honey)
*a few mint leaves
1. Place the yogurt, honey, and mint leaves in the food processor, pulse until well blended.
2. Add the berries, one cup at a time, until smooth (this took a couple minutes of blending after each cup).
3. Spoon your ice cream into a freezer-friendly container. You will want to spread it evenly in the container so it makes scooping it out easier.
4. Freeze for 30 minutes to set.
5. Scoop into ice cream bowls and enjoy!