I absolutely love blueberry muffins. Perfectly domed muffins packed with blueberries and bursting with flavor. These muffins are the perfect flavor combo of tart lemons and sweet blueberries! They are also super easy to make, in fact, my 3 year-old can make them wonderfully, with a little mommy assistance. They also freeze perfectly for that busy weekday morning.
I will warn you they do have sugar, sucanat. But, for the 1/2 cup of sugar used, you will get around 16 muffins. So, don’t stress, the amount of sugar is very low when divided between all those glorious muffins. Store bought muffins, even the $3 gourmet versions, are going to pack a lot more sugar, not to mention many fake additives. I’ll take the homemade 1/2 cup sugar muffins any day.
- 2½ cups sprouted whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour (where to buy)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 TB baking powder
- 8 TB pastured butter, softened
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup sucanat (where to buy)
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1½ cups plain whole milk yogurt (homemade)
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1½ cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl (I use my Kitchen-Aid), beat the butter, honey, and sugar, eggs, yogurt, lemon zest and juice.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Gently, fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter (I use this little gadget) into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes until lightly brown on top.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.