Summer has arrived and with summer comes hot sunny days filled with vacations and weekend Bar-b-ques spent with friends and family. Which brings up a very crucial question, What to bring? How about Mango salsa?
Or perhaps you’re poolside and you want to provide a healthy but satisfying snack everyone can enjoy…kiddos and adults alike. Repeat after me, Mango Salsa. It’s refreshingly sweet, crunchy, bright, and delicious.
Not only does this make the best dip, it also serves as a fresh topping on fish, chicken, eggs or just about anything. Have you ever seen the commercial where the caveman asked for “duck with the mango salsa”? Going too far? Okay, moving on.
If the flavor this salsa brings and the satiety it offers is not enough, maybe the fact that all the ingredients it possesses are nutrient dense and rich with Vitamin C, Folate, Potassium, Iron, Vitamin B, and Glutathione. Gluta-what? Glutathione! The mother of all antioxidants, a necessary molecule needed to stay healthy and prevent aging, cancer and disease. And just to impress you further, all these true super food ingredients which make-up this recipe are high in tryptophan (a precursor to Serotonin).
So what you’re saying, Candice, is, if I make this easy recipe, I will enjoy eating it because it will instantly gratify my palate and my brain will feel good because it is a natural anti-depressant? Yep, that’s what I’m saying.
I mentioned how easy and scrumptious it is and I gave you the lesson in nutrition, now let’s get chopping, dicing, and mixing, because that leads to the eating.
- 1 Orange, squeezed
- 1 green scallion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 4-6 vine tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe mango (or pineapple optional), diced
- 1 TB Habanero Sugar (optional) You can also infuse your own sugar or use a seeded diced habanero pepper and 1 TB sugar.
- In a bowl, combine chopped mango and scallion.
- Squeeze in juice of one orange.
- Add in chopped garlic, chopped cilantro, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, and sugar.
- Stir together and enjoy.
- I use this tool for easy and quick chopping.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.