Today, I am excited to share a “round-up” of over sixty recipes. These recipes are not your average kid’s meal, rather these recipes are nutrient-dense, packed with good fats and vitamins and minerals.
As a mom I desire to feed my children with food, made in our home, that will nourish their growing bodies and minds. I have witnessed the dramatic impact a nutrient-dense diet can have on a growing child. You can read more on the impact a nutrient-dense diet has had in my son’s life here.
While I strive to provide the very best in nourishment for my kiddos, I’m challenged by the picky tastes children can develop. Piper, my oldest, knows what he likes and what he doesn’t. I am often looking for new ways to pack as many nutrients as possible into the food I prepare to ensure he gets the nourishment he needs.
The list below is just a starting point. A round-up to give you and I a few fresh ideas when it comes to nourishing our children. I’ll be sharing in a later post important nutrients growing bodies need (read the post here), but for now I give you food, glorious food. And lots of it!
I’d love for you to share, in the comments below, nutrient-dense recipes your kids love!
Let’s get started.
- Carrot-Applesauce Muffins from Real Food Outlaws
- Soaked Pancakes from Live Simply
- Banana Fritters from Real Food Outlaw
- Soaked Waffles from Live Simply
- Grain-Free Mickey Mouse Pancakes from Real Food RN
- Banana-Walnut French Toast Live Simply
- Soaked Biscuits from Live Simply
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Muffins from Live Simply
- Homemade Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins from Live Simply
- Cozy Banana Bread from The Elliott Homestead
- Chicken Fajitas from Live Simply
- Chicken Tenders from The Organic Kitchen
- Chicken Legs from We Got Real
- Cowboy Casserole from We Got Real
- Real Food Meatballs from Scratch Mommy
- Salmon Patties from We Got Real
- Chicken and Rice from The Elliott Homestead
- Viva La Beef Taquitos from The Elliott Homestead
- Allergy-Friendly Fish Sticks from Momables
- Healthy Homemade Fish Sticks from Prairie Homestead
- Goulash from We Got Real
- Homemade Tacos: ground beef and toppings of choice
- Gluten-Free/Grain-Free Chicken Nuggets from Mama & Baby Love
- Macaroni and Cheese with Swiss Chard and Mushrooms from Live Simply
- Nutrient-Dense Mac and Cheese from Naturally Mindful
- Quinoa and Cheese from Nourishing Herbalist
- Homemade Corn Dogs from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie
- Homemade Corn Dogs from Deliciously Organic
- Hamburgers (with Hidden Liver) from Hollywood Homestead
- Homemade Pizza and Sauce from Live Simply
- Kale Salad Pizza from Live Simply
- Homemade Kind Bars from The Nourishing Home
- Homemade Lara Bars from The Elliott Homestead
- Cherry-Nut Lara Bars from Live Simply
- Pecan Pie Lara Bars from Ditch The Wheat
- Cherry Pie Granola Bars from Butter Believer
- No Bake Granola Bars from Live Simply
- Soaked Oats, Nuts, and Pumpkin Bars from Scratch Mommy
Alternatives to Juices/Sodas/Flavored Milk:
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from Live Simply
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Live Simply
- Kombucha Popsicles from Hollywood Homestead
- Water Kefir Fruit Pops from Real Food Outlaws
- Sneaky Green Popsicles from Hollywood Homestead
- Watermelon-Lemonade Fruit Popsicles from Real Food Outlaws
- Chocolate Pudding from The Elliott Homestead
- Chocolate Pudding from Deliciously Organic
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.