Wrapping gifts goes two ways: you either love it or loathe it.
I used to be in the first category.
When I was a child, I used to beg my mother to let me help her wrap presents. Now, I seem to wait until the absolute last minute to wrap gifts – as in, wrapping gifts an hour before Christmas dinner – all while wishing my mother still wrapped my gifts. It’s funny how things change, isn’t it?
Although wrapping gifts becomes a slight chore during the holidays, I typically love putting effort into a perfectly wrapped gift. I am no professional gift wrapper, though, so I like to use simple and pretty elements to wrap the perfect gift.
These DIY colorful gift tags are just that: simple and beautiful. There may be many ways to add interest to gift tags but dip-dyeing is just so much fun. Remember, I have a thing for dyeing.
Even though my gift wrapping technique could use some improvement, these gift tags help to mask that fact.
- gift tags (where to buy)
- fabric dye (where to buy or make your own)
- Fill a container with 1 to 1-1/2 cups warm water. Add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of fabric dye and mix well.
- Working quickly, dip the gift tags into the dye to the desired height. Remove immediately and place on paper towels to dry.
Tips to Remember:
- The longer you leave the gift tag in the dye solution, the more saturated the paper will get. Make sure to work quickly to prevent ruining the gift tag paper.
- The “where to buy” links are the products recommended for this project. As always, shop around as these supplies can also be found at local craft and grocery stores or go homemade.
I love this idea! So simple and sweet but it adds that needed touch! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Stephanie! I love Kimberly’s simple crafty ideas. My kids and I tried this out over the weekend and had so much fun!