We’ve talked a lot about skincare on the podcast, but we haven’t talked about cleaning, yet. All that changes today!
I can’t think of a better person to have on the podcast to talk about non-toxic cleaning and navigating the cleaning aisle than the co-founder of Branch Basics, Allison. What I love about Branch Basics is their commitment to education that goes beyond selling a cleaning product.
Today, on the podcast, Allison shares:
- her story, which all started with a diagnosis of PCOS
- how she reversed her PCOS
- how Branch Basics came to be
- what the early days of building Branch Basics looked like
- the major setback the company faced, which led to pulling their cleaning concentrate from the market
- how to make the switch to non-toxic cleaners
- if there’s regulation in the cleaning industry when it comes to ingredients and marketing labels
Listen To The Podcast
Show NotesResources Mentioned In Today's Episode
- Get 10% off any Branch Basics Starter Kit with code: livesimply
- Branch Basics (website)
- Follow Branch Basics on Instagram
- STINK, The Documentary (available on Amazon and Netflix)
- Branch Basics Home Cleanse
Q1: Tell us about yourself.
Q2: PCOS is a big part of your story and something you were able to naturally reverse. Can you share what PCOS?
Q3: How did you reverse PCOS?
Building Branch Basics–The Business
Q4: Tell us about Branch Basics as a company. How did you go from making changes in your life to creating a cleaning product to sell on the market? That’s a huge leap! And what made you want to create a cleaning product?
Q5: What did the early days of building Branch Basics look like?
Q6: One of the reasons I think Branch Basics really stands out in the market is your transparency as a company–something that’s missing in today’s market. Can you share more about the setback you faced as a company with your product and how you overcame that setback.
Q7: Tell us about your mission as a company today. Your why.
Making the Switch to Non-Toxic Products
Q8: Let’s talk about cleaning products. How can we know what chemicals and products are safe to use. How do you recommend navigating this as a consumer?
Q9: Is there any regulation in the cleaning industry when it comes to natural, green, non-toxic cleaning or disclosing ingredients? Can you share more about this…
Q10: How can we identify toxic home cleaners being used in our home?
Q11: One of the things you all talk about on your website is doing a home cleanse. Can you share more about how to do this?
Q12: As you mentioned in your story, you didn’t just change your cleaning products. Can you talk to us about the other changes you’ve made to live a more natural lifestyle. And what a healthy home looks like to you?
Cleaning with Branch Basics
Q13: Tell us more about cleaning with Branch Basics.
Q14: Tell us about the other products you sell.
Q15: Where can people find the Branch Basics products?