Summer is a busy time for our family. Between out-of-town traveling and outdoor activities, my time in the kitchen is greatly reduced. Who wants to spend a ton of time cooking over a hot stove-top when sun and ninety degree weather await?
Summer time always equals hungry children. No matter how nutritious our meals the heat of summer brings extra hungry little tummies. For hungry moments I keep healthy homemade snacks on hand. Some snacks can be made ahead of time, others take only a couple minutes to create when hunger comes knockin’.
Today, I’ve compiled a huge list of healthy on-the-go summer snacks. This list is kid and adult friendly, plus each snack requires very little hands-on time. Many of the recipes , even smoothies, can be prepped ahead of time and frozen or stored in the fridge. At the end of this resource I share my favorite supplies for making real food snacks.
A few of our favorites on the list include: No-Bake Granola Bars, Chocolate Banana Muffins, Whole Wheat Crackers, Cherry-Nut Lara Bars, and Summer Smoothies.
Energy, Protein and Power Bars/Bites/Balls
- Cherry-Nut Lara Bars from Live Simply
- Almond Power Bars from Kitchen Stewardship
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Bars from Beaming Baker
- 2-Ingredient GF Dairy Free Energy Bars from It Takes Time
- Lara-Like Bars from Honey, Ghee, & Me
- Chocolate Cranberry Oat Energy Bars from A Harmony Healing
- Nut Butter Protein Breakfast Cookie from Hybrid Rasta Mama
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Road Trip Energy Bars from Tasty Yummies
- Grain-Free Fruit & Nut “Kind Bars” from The Nourishing Home
Nibbles, Balls and Bites
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Bliss Balls from The Urban Ecolife
- Chocolate Crunch Balls from Good Girl Gone Green
- Cookie Dough Bites from Eat Play Love More
- Chocolate Energy Bars Gluten and Grain-Free from Delicious Obsessions
- Bite Sized Power Bites from Conveying Awareness
- Baked Quinoa Bites from Conveying Awareness
- Homemade Healthy Mounds from Homegrown and Healthy
Muffins and Quick-Breads
- Chocolate-Banana Muffins from Live Simply
- Banana-Nut Muffins from Live Simply
- Apple Raisin Muffins from Wholefully
- GF Pumpkin Muffins from Kitchen Stewardship
- Zucchini Muffins from Homegrown & Healthy
- Paleo Olive Thyme Mini Muffins from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- GF Banana Coconut Mini Muffins from Don’t Mess with Mama
- Nourishing Chai Tea Breakfast Muffins from Hybrid Rasta Mama
- Homemade Lemon Mini Scones from Homegrown & Healthy
- Almond Flour Banana Bread from Live Simply
Teas, Thirst-Quenchers, Slushees and More
- Homemade Strawberry Soda from Life Made Full
- Homemade Berry Lemonade Kombucha from Live Simply
- Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink by Mommypotamus
- Honeydew and Lime Agua Fresca from Recipes to Nourish
- Strawberry Watermelon Slushee from Delicious Obsessions
- Vitamin C Herbal Tea from Recipes to Nourish
- Watermelon Limeade from Richly Rooted
- Homemade Honey-Sweetened Lemonade by Red and Honey
- Chocolate Banana Shake from Delicious Obsessions
- Creamy Coconut Avocado Smoothie from Delicious Obessions
- Mango Banana Green Smoothie from Tasty Yummies
- Spinach Cardamom Smoothie from My Heart Beets
- Drink Your Greens Smoothie from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Tropical Smoothie from Sweet as Honey
- Peppermint Power Smoothie from Eat Play Love More
- Healthy On-The-Go Summer Smoothies from Live Simply
- Beet-Strawberry Smoothie from Live Simply
- Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie from Live Simply
Fruits and Veggies
- Real Fruit Snacks from Real Food RN
- Fun Fruit Kebobs from Homegrown and Healthy
- PB and Fruit Rolls from Homegrown and Healthy
- Dehydrated Fruit from Don’t Waste The Crumbs
- Healthy Gummy Men from Mama Natural
- Homemade Fruit and Veggie Gummy Snacks from Live Simply
- Strawberry Fruit Roll-Up from Life Currents
- Homemade Orange Creamsicles from Health Nut Nation
- Veggie Snack Bags from One Beet
- Fresh Summer Salsa with Cucumber from Recipes to Nourish
- Homemade Kale Chips from Live Simply
- Copycat Recipe: Rhythm Superfoods Zesty Nacho Kale Chips from Delicious Obsessions
- Babaganoush from And Here We Are
- Homemade Kind Bars from The Nourishing Home
- Homemade Lara Bars from The Elliott Homestead
- No Bake Granola Bars from Live Simply
- Homemade Granola Bars from Kitchen Stewardship
- Frozen Granola Bars from Oh Lardy!
- Homemade Granola Bars from Oh Lardy!
- Healthy Homemade Granola Bars from Red and Honey
- Cinnamon Raisin Granola Bars from Raia’s Recipes
Trail Mix, Nuts and “Granolas”
- Peanut Butter Coconut Granola from Live Simply
- Grain-Free Granola from Life Made Full
- Honey Roasted Peanuts from Raia’s Recipes
- Paleo Maple Nut Trail Mix from Don’t Mess With Mama
- High Protein Sweet and Salty Trail Mix from Don’t Waste the Crumbs
- Maple Glazed Walnut Coconut Crunch from A Harmony Healing
- Crunchy Maple-Cinnamon Chickpeas from Eat. Play. Love More
- Homemade Granola/Bars from 100 Days of Real Food
- Soaked Granola from We Got Real
Cookies and Crackers
Real Food Cookies
- Homemade Fig Newtons from Healthy Green Kitchen
- Super Soft Peanut Butter Cookies from Back to the Book Nutrition
- Cherry Chia Raw Macaroon Cookies from A Harmony Healing
- Lemon Lavender Cookie from Hybrid Rasta Mama
- Thick Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Richly Rooted
- 20-Minute Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Red and Honey
- Healthy Ice Cream Cookies from Scratch Mommy
- Peanut Butter Cookies from Live Simply
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies from Live Simply
- No-Bake Cookies from Real Fit Real Food Mom
- Whole Wheat Cheddar Crackers from My Humble Kitchen
- Three-Ingredient Whole Wheat Crackers from Don’t Waste the Crumbs
- Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Recipe from Don’t Mess with Mama
Dips for Veggies and Fruits
- Bruschetta Dip from Fresh Bites Daily
- Hummus from Live Simply
- Ranch Dressing from Weelicious
- Creamy Stinging Nettles Dip with Roasted Garlic & Mint from And Here We Are
- Yogurt Cream Cheese Dip from Real Food RN
- Homemade yogurt from Live Simply (or good-quality store-bought)
Summer Must-Have Supplies
- Eco Lunch Box Containers
- Popsicle Molds
- Reusable Baggies
- Ice Pop Maker– perfect for yogurt, applesauce, and smoothies
- Air Popper– for homemade popcorn
What a fabulous list! I can’t wait to try some of these!
Thank you, Ticia!
Wow! This is an extensive list! We can totally find things to snack on. We do not eat dairy, peanuts, or eggs due to allergies. But I alter well, professionally trained cook :). Thank you for the time you spend getting good info out there for us crunchy moms, I found out last week I was crunchy lol :).
Awesome round-up! Thanks for including me!
Kristin, Thanks so much for including my recipes in this fabulous collection! I will share it everywhere! Have a great week!
Thank you so much, Shelley! And thanks for the great recipes!!
Oh this is dangerous…..
I just printed out half of these I think!
Thanks for the list!
Hey Ginny, Yay! So glad it’s helpful. Have a delicious summer!
Thanks so much for including my Strawberry Fruit Roll-ups! This list is amazing! I can’t wait to read through all the yummy stuff here! Pinning and stumbling for later! Have a great week, and thanks again!
What an awesome round-up, Kristin! And thank you for including my no-bake cookies. 🙂 Pinned to look through when I have more time. They all look so good!
Thanks, Leann. My kids love your no-bake cookies!
This is a knockout list, Kristin – Pinned and sharing! (and thanks for featuring my Super Soft Peanut Butter Cookies!)
Thanks so much! And thank you for letting me share your delicious cookies.